Wednesday 6 October 2010

this is why I wanna live in Rome

Because I love ancient culture. I love going to museums like the Musei dei Vaticani with beautiful courtyards and sneaky corners where they hide away beautiful pieces like this one of Laokoön & his sons.

Because you seriously haven't lived if you haven't crossed this bridge. It breaks my heart seeing this because in reality it is so breathtakingly beautiful.

Just look at all the extreme detail in the robe. The perfection of that one leg. It makes me wanna sigh and smile.

I want to feel like I'm part of such a rich culture. And not just the ancient part of it, but the whole. The drama, the crazy politics, the busy city, the ugly people (don't believe the hype, a big part of the Italian population is, according to my standards, not really that beautiful. but that's the case in Amsterdam too. Or in Paris. Or anywhere really.), the difference with my life now! I wanna experience a culture-shock!

And even though this image is one we've seen a bazillion times before, I never knew light -which you can't really see really without something accompanying it- could be so amazingly beautiful. 

I wanna live in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment